Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservice deployment

Webservice deployment

Thibaut

The solution is perharps very simple but I don't get it.
I build a WebService with .net2 and vs2005 professional to enable the
communication between a flex application and a database. the whole thing is
working fine when i work localy. means when i start the webservice from
visual studio and the flex application from the "Flex builder" which refers
to the internet adress given in the internet explorer + ?WSDL

The hard part is now that i am almost finished and i wanted to put a first
beta version on my hosting server.

When i select the menu "Publish web site" vs create almost everything but
the amsx file looks like this

"<%@ WebService Language="VB" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ELearningWebService.vb"
Class="ELearningWebService" %> "

Which is ok from "development mode" but doesn't look so efficient for a
production file.

this is the result of the publish operation

ELearningWebService.asmx
Web.Config
Config
App_Code.dll
ELearning.Core.dll

the ELearning.Core.dll is the library layer that create the sql queries
which are called from the webservice.

Does anyone know how to configure the project or at least to "modify" the
amsx file on the server to make the whole thing works!

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Thibaut

John Saunders [MVP]

"Thibaut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The solution is perharps very simple but I don't get it.
> I build a WebService with .net2 and vs2005 professional to enable the
> communication between a flex application and a database. the whole thing
> is
> working fine when i work localy. means when i start the webservice from
> visual studio and the flex application from the "Flex builder" which
> refers
> to the internet adress given in the internet explorer + ?WSDL
>
> The hard part is now that i am almost finished and i wanted to put a first
> beta version on my hosting server.
>
> When i select the menu "Publish web site" vs create almost everything but
> the amsx file looks like this
>
> "<%@ WebService Language="VB"
> CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ELearningWebService.vb"
> Class="ELearningWebService" %> "
>
> Which is ok from "development mode" but doesn't look so efficient for a
> production file.
>
> this is the result of the publish operation
>
> ELearningWebService.asmx
> Web.Config
> Config
> App_Code.dll
> ELearning.Core.dll
>
> the ELearning.Core.dll is the library layer that create the sql queries
> which are called from the webservice.
>
> Does anyone know how to configure the project or at least to "modify" the
> amsx file on the server to make the whole thing works!

I'm sorry, what is the exact problem you're having?
--
John Saunders [MVP]

Thibaut

My problem is that I don't make it to deploy my webservice to my production
server. When i start the webservice from Visual studio I get a well formed
asmx file and i can "talk" to my webservice from my client application. When
i publish the project and put it on my server. I get a blank web page. I
think it's coming from the asmx file, because a reference is missing, better
said i don't understand the definition of the published asmx file

<%@ WebService Language="VB" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ELearningWebService.vb"
Class="ELearningWebService" %>

How can I change the definition to make it "talk" to the App_Code.dll where
you can find the whole code behind

John Saunders [MVP]

"Thibaut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My problem is that I don't make it to deploy my webservice to my
> production
> server. When i start the webservice from Visual studio I get a well formed
> asmx file and i can "talk" to my webservice from my client application.
> When
> i publish the project and put it on my server. I get a blank web page.

You get a blank web page when you navigate to the .asmx with a browser? What
happens when you try to access the .asmx file from your client application?

--
John Saunders [MVP]

Egghead

I beleieve it is the setting here.
Did you set the page and the web app at the production IIS? Ans, is the
security setting correct on that folder?

The blank page may be his production IIS 's error page.

cheers,
RL

--
cheers,