Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Create webservice according to WSDL

Create webservice according to WSDL

emixode@gmail.com

Hallo,

I need to create a webservice according to a already defined WSDL.
Normally in VS2005 I create a new ASP.NET Webservice and the WSDL is
automatically created. The problem is that this automatically created
WSDL doesn't correspond to the WSDL provdided (created with Java), for
example messages and arrays are declared differently. Is there a way
to create a webservice according to a WSDL which is already provided
(top-down)?

I already tried to modify the WSDL with serialization, but there are
too much differences.

Kind regards,

Revilo

John Saunders [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hallo,
>
> I need to create a webservice according to a already defined WSDL.
> Normally in VS2005 I create a new ASP.NET Webservice and the WSDL is
> automatically created. The problem is that this automatically created
> WSDL doesn't correspond to the WSDL provdided (created with Java), for
> example messages and arrays are declared differently. Is there a way
> to create a webservice according to a WSDL which is already provided
> (top-down)?
>
> I already tried to modify the WSDL with serialization, but there are
> too much differences.

You can use the WSDL.EXE tool (see
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...b6(VS.80).aspx). If you use
WSDL /service, then it will create an abstract base class you can inherit
from. If you use WSDL /serverInterface, it will generate an interface which
you can implement.
--
John Saunders [MVP]