Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Maximum number of allowed requests?

Maximum number of allowed requests?

linda.chen@faa.gov

Hi all,

We have a webservice (service1), which calls another
webservice(service2) from another orginization. Our end users make
requests throught service1. When service2 receives a quest, it puts
all the request information into a database. The request will be
picked up from a sheduler which is installed in 8 different servers.

The response is very slow if we have many requests.

The developer of service2 told me that no matter how many requests we
call from our service1, Service2 machine only receive/process 2
requests each time. This means only maximum 2 schedulers are used.
Currently we can't figure out which end creates this problem. Does
service1 only send 2 requests each time (our log shows we did make our
calls on time, but don't know when the machine actually send them
out)? or Service2 only received 2 requests from a same IP at the same
time?

Does any value we can set in the configure file to fix this? How do I
find out when my machine actually send out the requests?

Thanks for the help.

Linda

Egghead

Can not help it, but your developer get some problems.
You can change the number of reponse to any number, just the default is 2.

--
cheers,
RL
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> We have a webservice (service1), which calls another
> webservice(service2) from another orginization. Our end users make
> requests throught service1. When service2 receives a quest, it puts
> all the request information into a database. The request will be
> picked up from a sheduler which is installed in 8 different servers.
>
> The response is very slow if we have many requests.
>
> The developer of service2 told me that no matter how many requests we
> call from our service1, Service2 machine only receive/process 2
> requests each time. This means only maximum 2 schedulers are used.
> Currently we can't figure out which end creates this problem. Does
> service1 only send 2 requests each time (our log shows we did make our
> calls on time, but don't know when the machine actually send them
> out)? or Service2 only received 2 requests from a same IP at the same
> time?
>
> Does any value we can set in the configure file to fix this? How do I
> find out when my machine actually send out the requests?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Linda

bruce barker

to prevent overloading a web server, the browser and the runtime limit
themselves to 2 simultaneous connections. in the web.config you can up
this limit:

<system.net>
<connectionManagement>
<add address="*" maxconnections="10">
</connectionManagement>
</system.net>

if your webservice is asp.net based and uses session, it will be limited
to one processing request per session.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

> Hi all,
>
> We have a webservice (service1), which calls another
> webservice(service2) from another orginization. Our end users make
> requests throught service1. When service2 receives a quest, it puts
> all the request information into a database. The request will be
> picked up from a sheduler which is installed in 8 different servers.
>
> The response is very slow if we have many requests.
>
> The developer of service2 told me that no matter how many requests we
> call from our service1, Service2 machine only receive/process 2
> requests each time. This means only maximum 2 schedulers are used.
> Currently we can't figure out which end creates this problem. Does
> service1 only send 2 requests each time (our log shows we did make our
> calls on time, but don't know when the machine actually send them
> out)? or Service2 only received 2 requests from a same IP at the same
> time?
>
> Does any value we can set in the configure file to fix this? How do I
> find out when my machine actually send out the requests?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Linda

linda.chen@faa.gov

I modified the config file from my webservice (service1). I got the
following error message after change:

"Thread was being aborted.
Error Source: mscorlib
Error InnerException:
Error TargetSite: Boolean WaitOneNative(IntPtr, UInt32, Boolean)
Error StackTrace: at
System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(IntPtr waitHandle, UInt32
millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout,
Boolean exitContext)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
..."

Any idea?

Linda

bruce barker wrote:
> to prevent overloading a web server, the browser and the runtime limit
> themselves to 2 simultaneous connections. in the web.config you can up
> this limit:
>
> <system.net>
> <connectionManagement>
> <add address="*" maxconnections="10">
> </connectionManagement>
> </system.net>
>

> if your webservice is asp.net based and uses session, it will be limited
> to one processing request per session.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We have a webservice (service1), which calls another
> > webservice(service2) from another orginization. Our end users make
> > requests throught service1. When service2 receives a quest, it puts
> > all the request information into a database. The request will be
> > picked up from a sheduler which is installed in 8 different servers.
> >
> > The response is very slow if we have many requests.
> >
> > The developer of service2 told me that no matter how many requests we
> > call from our service1, Service2 machine only receive/process 2
> > requests each time. This means only maximum 2 schedulers are used.
> > Currently we can't figure out which end creates this problem. Does
> > service1 only send 2 requests each time (our log shows we did make our
> > calls on time, but don't know when the machine actually send them
> > out)? or Service2 only received 2 requests from a same IP at the same
> > time?
> >
> > Does any value we can set in the configure file to fix this? How do I
> > find out when my machine actually send out the requests?
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > Linda

linda.chen@faa.gov

I modified the machine.config, set the max connection to 10, also
increase the number of free threads. It works.

Thanks for all the help.

Linda