Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine."

"The test form is only available for requests from the local machine."

cmay

I am trying to test some webservice methods that exist on a server.

When I go to run them I get the message:
"The test form is only available for requests from the local machine."

There are lots of threads on this topic, with the suggested solution
being to add this to the web.config:
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>
from this page:http://support.microsoft.com/default...scid=kb;en-us;
819267

However, this doesn't change anything for me.

Any ideas?

cmay

Weird, I am noticing that some methods are allowing me to test
them?!?!

These methods belong to the same ASMX that is telling me "The test
form is only available for requests from the local machine" for some
other methods. ??