Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService Credentials

WebService Credentials

mail747097@fificorp.net

I'm trying to access a web service with another user running under the
built in web server in VS.NET 2005. I have the following code to
access the web service:

MyWebService webService = new MyWebService.MyClass();
webService.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("MyDomain\
\SomeoneElse", "HisPassword");
webService.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
webService.HelloWorld();

However if I check User.Identity.Name in the web service I get
"MyDomain\\Me" insead of "MyDomain\\SomeoneElse".

I would like to use this to only allow "MyDomain\\SomeoneElse" to
access the web service so I have the following in web.config:

<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<authorization>
<allow users="MyDomain\SomeoneElse"/>
<allow users="MyDomain\Me"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>

Where "MyDomain\Me" is only for this test.

mail747097@fificorp.net

It took a day for this post to show up so that is why there are two of
them.