Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Post Data using Parent/Child tables

Post Data using Parent/Child tables

Scottk

I'm trying to get my head around using xsd's to classes to my web method so a
client can submit an order either from .Net or SOAP or any xml post. My
schema would look something like this:
<order id="1" userID="933" Name="Joe Coctostin" Address="123 Main St"
City="Anytown">
<service id="123" Name="Widget1"/>
<service id="143" Name="Widget2"/>
</order>

I then have a sql database which corresponds with this schema. (A seperate
Order and Service table with foriegn keys) I want the client to pass this to
me and from a .Net proxy or a post and then import the data into my database.
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've been reading all kinds of
stuff on serializing and deserializing and can't seem to get my head around
the posting this data to my webservice and validating it through my xsd. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables) Chris Brat Python 5 08-22-2006 05:25 PM
Tables within tables Otuatail HTML 7 08-02-2004 04:42 AM
Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables ! Peter Bassett HTML 3 08-15-2003 06:46 PM
Inserting into one table data from 2 tables and some input data. Renie83 ASP General 1 07-10-2003 08:29 PM

Advertisments