Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Transporting massive XML file via web services

Transporting massive XML file via web services

sidharthagrover@gmail.com

Hi,

I want to transport a massive XML file (Some Gigs in size) thru a web
service to a Client which will connect to this web service. I have
given DIME a thought but I believe it is obselete now. I have heard
that MTOM supersedes DIME. I dont have much idea about it and am not
sure if it will help transport that big an XML file. I also need to
work with Windows Communication Foundation for this.

Can someone tell me if MTOM is good idea? Or does WCF has better
options to achieve this.

Thanks,
Sid