Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to have a service talk to a windows form app?

How to have a service talk to a windows form app?

John Cody

Hi,

I am kinda new to ASP.NET/Webservices.

I currently have a VB6 app running on a PC that is also running a webservice
that I created for an in-the-field pocket pc app.

I would like the webservice to be able to send data/messages to the running
VB6 app, and I am looking for suggestions of how I should communicate
between a webservice to a vb6 app.

My first thought was to create a winsock object in the webservice app and
send a message through a local port to the VB6 app that is monitoring that
port. But, I'm open to other, maybe more graceful ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-John

VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? PavaRodney UK VOIP 4 01-01-2007 12:37 PM
Change to Talk Talk Bob B Wireless Networking 2 08-24-2006 09:19 AM
Skype and Talk Talk Sacred UK VOIP 9 08-01-2006 08:57 PM
Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok Rolf Computer Support 2 04-09-2006 09:48 AM

Advertisments