Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > ashx web service method calls

ashx web service method calls

Dan Field

I am new to web services / ASP.NET and would appreciate help in getting started with ashx api's and method calls.

I want to make use of an existing ashx service, call various methods as needed and store the xml output in a SQL database.

Can someone point me in the right direction or give examples on:

- how to make the call (VB please) in asp.net
- how to receive the response, again using some for of asp.net
- how to store the xml response in a SQL database for later retrieval, same asp.net again.

Many Thx
Dan