Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > ashx web service method calls

ashx web service method calls

Dan Field

02-21-2007
I am new to web services / ASP.NET and would appreciate help in getting started with ashx api's and method calls.

I want to make use of an existing ashx service, call various methods as needed and store the xml output in a SQL database.

Can someone point me in the right direction or give examples on:

- how to make the call (VB please) in asp.net
- how to receive the response, again using some for of asp.net
- how to store the xml response in a SQL database for later retrieval, same asp.net again.

Many Thx
Dan

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On