Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Calling a web service that's https

Calling a web service that's https

maflatoun@gmail.com

Hello,

I have a web application that doesn't use SSL at all. We need to
integrate it with another third party web application which only
offers secure web services. How can I connect to a web service that is
https? Is it sufficient in VS 2005 to just create a reference to the
web service like any other web service? (https:// instead of http://)

Thank you
Maz.

WishMaster

> Hello,
>
> I have a web application that doesn't use SSL at all. We need to
> integrate it with another third party web application which only
> offers secure web services. How can I connect to a web service that is
> https? Is it sufficient in VS 2005 to just create a reference to the
> web service like any other web service? (https:// instead of http://)
>
> Thank you
> Maz.

Well, I would suggest give a try and see what sort of result you are
getting. There are some other elements in it and it also depends how
the Web Service is setup on the server like .Net 1.1 cannot support
SSL 2.0 and only support 3.0. It depends in ur case.

Just in case here are two URLs, which will go through you step by step
how to configure and use web serivce, which uses HTTPS in diffrent
cercumstances.

Again give a try and then let me know if you have any problem. In our
case it works fine.

Cheers,
Amer