Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Service Infrasructure

Web Service Infrasructure

Web Service Guy

Can anyone recommend an article that describes the ideal network architecture
(from a security perspective) for public-facing web services? For example,
do you put the web servers behind the primary firewall and the database
servers behind another one with port 1433 open to the web servers?

Thanks.

WishMaster

On Feb 2, 5:10 pm, Web Service Guy <Web Service
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an article that describes the ideal network architecture
> (from a security perspective) for public-facing web services? For example,
> do you put the web servers behind the primary firewall and the database
> servers behind another one with port 1433 open to the web servers?
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, secure WebService deployment is just like secure websites. I mean
WS server should be on DMZ.
Find more information here... http://www.webservicesarchitect.com/
content/articles/hankison02.asp

BUT WS are diffrent than websites as for as interaction and processing
concern. You call the web methods on WS and WS will execute some
business rules and repond. So, make sure other security is being taken
care i.e. Integrated Security or Certificate etc.

Cheers,
Amer
MCSD.Net
ITIL Certified.