Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Worker threads on a webservice?

Worker threads on a webservice?

Jon Pope

I'm using a .NET2.0 client against a .NET2.0 webservice running on Server
2K3. My issue is this: I'm transmitting several megabytes of data from the
server to the client. While this data is being transmitted from the server
to the client, the webservice no longer answers requests from other clients.
Obviously this isn't suppose to happen. I've configured IIS to allow
multiple worker threads, but still the service only answers one client while
the server is transmitting back the data.

My question is this: is there another setting I should try to allow the
webservice to answer multiple client requests for multi-megabyte worth of
data?

Cheers, Jon