Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > connect to webservice in Visual Studio

connect to webservice in Visual Studio

peter

Hi, I am developing a small webservice in Visual Studio (programmed in c#).
Sometimes when I try to run my small tester application in Visual Studio
(which tries to connect to my webservice) I get this error:

There was an error downloading 'http://localhost:1639/TestService.asmx.
Unable to connect to the remote server. No connection could be made because
the target machine actively refused it.

How can I start my webservice in Visual Studio so it accepts connections
from my test application?

Thanks, Peter

RYoung

You may need to make sure the port that the webservice is using is static. I
believe it is dynamic by default when the "cassini" web server is being
used. So, that with a dynamic port, the next time you test the service, it
may have a port number other than 1639.

In Solution Explorer, click your web service project, and check the
Properties window, there should be some settings in there to specify a
static port number.

Ron
news:eIoE3%(E-Mail Removed)...