Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Login

Qweertz

Hi!

I'm new in ASP.net and I hope you can help me to solve my little problem.

I have a web application which requires login.
Usernames and passwords are in SQL Express database (among with other data).
I need to check if user entered correct username and password (and proceed
him to "secure area" of web application), but I shouldn't connect directly
to database but via web service.
So web application sends login details to web service which contacts
database and checks login details.
How to do this?
If I wouldn't have to use web service I would create Session in web
application when user enters correct username and password. This would solve
my problem. Can I do something similar when web service is included?

Thanks,
Tomica Gril

Manish Bafna

Hi,
Yes what you are looking for can be done through Soap Headers.You will find
complete working code for it in the following URL:

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/webser...ebservices.asp.

Thanks and Regards,
manish bafna