Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > 401 Error "UnAuthorized" -- need Help

401 Error "UnAuthorized" -- need Help

Rahul

This Question has been asked by many.
But i still didn;t get the clue how to solve.

I have a machine A in which my web service resides.
I have another Machine B which on Which Sharepoint Web Service resides,

Machine A web Service makes use of SharePoint Web Service sitting on
Machine B.

I have tried mostly all the credentials , NetwordkCredential,
DefaultCredential and it just doesn't work.

I even tried creating a new Credential Object and made use of
NetworkCredential object by givinf Account Name ,Domain and Password
and using it with Basic Authentication type , but it doesn't work.

Any Ideas how can i get away with this error.

Thanks

Dale

I don't know if these are your problems or not but here are my suggestions to
check:

If you use:
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
make sure your web site is configured for Windows authentication.

If you use Anonymous access, make sure that your IUSR_ComputerName account -
or whichever account you use for anonymous access - has appropriate
permissions on the webservice file system folders.

Dale
--
Dale Preston
MCAD C#