Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > how to connect web service by winform safely?

how to connect web service by winform safely?

yao

there are two web method in my web service.
bool verifyUser(string user, string pwd)
DataSet GetData()

that I need connect the web service by WinForm, I hope the client is
verified by server by the verifyUser() ,and then it is allowed to execute
the GetData() method.

I think winform can't use Session object or Cookie for managing session
state, are there any good solutions for this?

Dhanraj K.S

If your basic objective is to Authenticate every request, then you can use
basic SOAP Header Authentication and authenticate every requests from
webservice, there you can validate all the requests.

The below Links will help you

http://aspalliance.com/805
http://www.codeproject.com/cs/webser...ebservices.asp

If you still need more security, then you can use Webservice Extentions for
using Certificates

Thanks
Dhanraj

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...