Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > wsdl errors for multiple webservices with reference to same dataset

wsdl errors for multiple webservices with reference to same dataset

wc_chan

I wrote a web service projects having 2 asmx and 1 dataset, says dsTest1.
The amsx will have a parameter of the dataset as follows:

in 1st asmx:
<Wethod()> HelloWorld1 (byval a1 as dsTest1) as string

in 2nd asmx:
<Wethod()> HelloWorld2 (byval a2 as dsTest1) as string

When I ran wsdl for the dynamic discovery file, vsdisco, I got the following
error:

Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
[Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.42]
Schema validation error: Schema with
targetNamespace='http://tempuri.org/dsTest1.xsd' has invalid syntax. The
global element 'http://tempuri.org/dsTest1.xsd:dsTest1' has already been
declared. Line 3, position 4.
Schema validation error: Schema with
targetNamespace='http://tempuri.org/dsTest1.xsd' has invalid syntax. The
identity constraint 'http://tempuri.org/dsTest1.xsd:TestTableKey1' has
already been declared. Line 16, position 6.
Warning: Schema could not be validated. Class generation may fail or may
produce incorrect results.
Writing file 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\Service.vb'.

There's no problem when I did wsdl for only particular asmx. It seems that
wsdl processes twice for the dataset. Note: There's no problem for dotnet
framework 1.1. The problem becomes hurdle of our migration project.

Please kindly help.
Thanks in advance.

Catalin Tomescu

A common practice when using the same data structures in WS is to create
custom WSDL files that import a common schema file (XSD) where you define
your types. You can then import the types in your client application w/o
issues.

Regards,
Catalin Tomescu

webservices , soap et wsdl Pif Java 3 06-30-2009 07:45 AM
webservices, wsdl & xsd (schema-2-wsdl) Dark Java 1 11-14-2008 07:58 PM
wsdl errors for multiple webservices with reference to same dataset wc_chan ASP .Net 1 12-07-2006 05:50 AM
WebServices and wsdl generation cbongior@stny.rr.com Java 0 07-28-2005 09:27 PM
Non-WSDL based WebServices in C# Michael Jervis ASP .Net Web Services 0 04-08-2005 10:02 AM

Advertisments