Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > VS2005, How do I Connect to a WS?

VS2005, How do I Connect to a WS?

JeffP@Work

New to VS2005

In VS2003 I needed to make a proxy class in the cmd window.

Is this still the same process?

All links or info is appreciated.... perhaps even a referral to a good book

My project is two phases, 1. User webpage to review an initiate
send/recieve, phase 2 unattended processing of the same.

TIA

JeffP...

John Saunders

"JeffP@Work" <jpgmt_at_sbcglobal_dot_net> wrote in message
news:OxchWi3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> New to VS2005
>
> In VS2003 I needed to make a proxy class in the cmd window.
>
> Is this still the same process?
>
> All links or info is appreciated.... perhaps even a referral to a good
> book
>
> My project is two phases, 1. User webpage to review an initiate
> send/recieve, phase 2 unattended processing of the same.
>
> TIA
>
> JeffP...

John Saunders

"JeffP@Work" <jpgmt_at_sbcglobal_dot_net> wrote in message
news:OxchWi3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> New to VS2005
>
> In VS2003 I needed to make a proxy class in the cmd window.
>
> Is this still the same process?

Uh, no. Have you ever used Add Web Reference? In most cases it's easier than
running wsdl.exe to create the proxy class.

John

JeffP@Work

John,

I was hoping that it would be that easy, and yes I use a web reference to my
web services on local LAN, but I've never had the pleasure of working with
someone else's web service in .Net 2.0.

I'll start off with just the reference, since the call to the WS has Auth
built in.

JeffP....

news:OQIhwr3$(E-Mail Removed)...