Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web service ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeo

Web service ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeo

mickweb@nospam.nospam

I have created a web service on my local pc which access's sql server 2005
db. My sqlserver is set up to use windows authentification. I have created a
virtual directory for my web service using VS 2005 (Anonymous access
enabled). I can run the web service from virtual site i.e.
http://localhost/pdasystem/jobs.asmx and it returns the data. When I run the
same web service (http://localhost/pdasystem/jobs.asmx) from simple windows
app using web reference generated, the service returns the error below i.e.
timeout. I am accessing the database via a dsn. This is because I am
developing using a hosting company and they require you to use their DSN.
They have asked me to add the following line to web.config
<trust level="Full" originUrl="" /> to enable web pages to display on hosted
web site.
?ex
{"ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired"}
[System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException]: {"ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver]Timeout expired"}
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
HelpLink: null
InnerException: null
Message: "ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout
expired"
Source: ""
StackTrace: " at
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHa ndle hrHandle, RetCode
retcode)\r\n at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcCo nnection
connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle
environmentHandle)\r\n at
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConne ction(DbConnectionOptions
options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection
owningObject)\r\n at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat eNonPooledConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)\r\n at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection
owningConnection)\r\n at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)\r\n at
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()\r\n at
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(Data Set dataset, DataTable[]
datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand
command
, CommandBehavior behavior)\r\n at
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
behavior)\r\n at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet,
String srcTable)\r\n at pda.data.DataHandler.executeSPDataSet(String
storedProcedure) in c:\\pdasystem\\App_Code\\data\\DataHandler.cs:line 469"
TargetSite: {System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo}

Do I need to setup users in Sql Server?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello mickweb,

From your description, you'll get some "ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver]Timeout expired" error when try acccesing a remote SQL SErver
database in an ASP.NET webservice, correct?

Based on my experience, this is likely a data accessing issue in ASP.NET
environment. If the webservice can work well when you directly access it
locally through the asmx page, what I can think so far is the security
context issue. However, since you've said that you're using anonymous
access.

I suggest you still try the following things to see wehther it is a
security context specific issue:

1. if the SQL Server can use SQL authentication (with sql login id) , try
using SQL login in the ODBC datasource to see whether it works.

2. Try changing your ASP.NET webservice's security context(you can change
the application pool's identity or try impersonating through a fixed user
in the web.config file) to see whether it works.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.