Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > XmlSerializers.dll and faster startup

XmlSerializers.dll and faster startup

Oleg.Ogurok@gmail.com

Hi there,

I have a small console app that makes a call to XML Webservices. The
app runs from a login script. Because of the web service call, it takes

about 15-20 seconds for the app to complete. Most of the delay is at
startup time where SOAP serializers are initialized, e.g. when I
instantiate a proxy class. The actuall calls to XML services are fast.

Is there a way to speed it up? I tried compiling the app in Release
mode with MyApp.XmlSerializers.dll generated but didn't notice any
performance gain.

Please advise,

-Oleg.

John Saunders

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I have a small console app that makes a call to XML Webservices. The
> app runs from a login script. Because of the web service call, it takes
>
> about 15-20 seconds for the app to complete. Most of the delay is at
> startup time where SOAP serializers are initialized, e.g. when I
> instantiate a proxy class. The actuall calls to XML services are fast.
>

> Is there a way to speed it up? I tried compiling the app in Release
> mode with MyApp.XmlSerializers.dll generated but didn't notice any
> performance gain.

Is the XML simple enough that you can call the web service directly? That
is, don't use the proxy class.

John