Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to avoid URL direct access?

How to avoid URL direct access?

Gus

Hi:

I have a documents program in mi intranet, it only shows each user
authorized files and each line has the file description and a link to
open it.

The problem is that if anyone writes the file's URL address directly
into the browser (like: http://mydomain/myintranet/myfiles/myfile.pdf)
the file is opened without pass through the Intranet security.

How can I avoid the direct file access?

Regards,
Gus

Tim Van Wassenhove

On 2006-10-14, Gus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The problem is that if anyone writes the file's URL address directly
> into the browser (like: http://mydomain/myintranet/myfiles/myfile.pdf)
> the file is opened without pass through the Intranet security.kkkk

Basically: There is no security. The only thing your application seems
to do is provide a html interface to the files...

+I don't see how this is related to webservices though...

> How can I avoid the direct file access?

Just move them outside your public html directory... (App_Data?)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://www.timvw.be>