Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Problem with wsdlHelpGenerator entry

Problem with wsdlHelpGenerator entry

tryan@dls.net

This problem has been brought up before, but not solved as far as I can
tell.

I have a custom aspx page to build the ouput when browsing my asmx
page.
I have added the web.config entry
<webServices>
<wsdlHelpGenerator href="WebServiceTestPage.aspx" />
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet" />
<add name="HttpPost" />
<add name="HttpSoap1.2" />
<add name="HttpSoap" />
</protocols>
</webServices>

This works correctly in my dev environment, but fails when I move it to
a test server. I get a generic
'Exception in configuration section handler' message with no stack
trace. It hilites the 'webServices' line as the issue. I have checked
the following items on the test server:

1) the web.config and WebServiceTestPage.aspx are both present and in
the same folder
2) the default page works if I remove the wsdlHelpGenerator entry, e.g.
//mysite/myws.asmx
3) the site properly serves a generic aspx page, e.g.
//mysite/test.aspx
4) verified that machine.config contains the configSections entry to
handle the <webServices> block.
5) tried removing the <protocols> block.
6) the dev environment is Version:1.1.4322.2032 and the test server is
Version:1.1.4322.573, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that
there a difference btwn these 2 that would matter.

Any thoughts?