Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > problem uploading large file with webservice

problem uploading large file with webservice

Bram Kuijpers

Hi,

we have programmed a webservice, in VS 2003 /dotnet 1.1, and use it to
upload xml-files. The file is sent, as an attachment to a soap-file using
DIME, in one http-POST. The content can be larger than 4 Mb, which used to
give a http 500 error ("request too big" or something like that). So, I
changed the setting for maxRequestLength (to "10240") in web.config to fix
the problem. However, the result is now a http 400 (Invalid request) when
uploading a 5Mb file. I also tried changing maxRequestLength in
machine.config, but with the same result. We use Isapi Rewrite on the site
to translate URL's.

Does anyone have an idea about what causes the 400-code? Are there other
settings responsible for only processing 4Mb of a request?

Thanks,
Bram Kuijpers

anis@surisoft.com

Hi Bram,
Did you find any solution on this issue?
Here I am facing same error400) while uploading file larger than 4MB
inspite of setting maxRequestLength=20480
Please write back in case of any solution.
Thanks,

Bram Kuijpers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have programmed a webservice, in VS 2003 /dotnet 1.1, and use it to
> upload xml-files. The file is sent, as an attachment to a soap-file using
> DIME, in one http-POST. The content can be larger than 4 Mb, which used to
> give a http 500 error ("request too big" or something like that). So, I
> changed the setting for maxRequestLength (to "10240") in web.config to fix
> the problem. However, the result is now a http 400 (Invalid request) when
> uploading a 5Mb file. I also tried changing maxRequestLength in
> machine.config, but with the same result. We use Isapi Rewrite on the site
> to translate URL's.
>
> Does anyone have an idea about what causes the 400-code? Are there other
> settings responsible for only processing 4Mb of a request?
>
> Thanks,
> Bram Kuijpers

ftp uploading vs. control panel uploading Dung Ping HTML 10 01-16-2006 10:43 AM
Uploading large file David ASP .Net 1 01-20-2005 12:55 PM
problem of uploading large file in asp Nayana ASP .Net Web Services 1 01-10-2005 09:53 PM
Uploading Large File to SQL - Steve - ASP .Net 11 07-22-2004 02:49 AM
Problem uploading file of large size in Perl/Apache/Linux Paresh Shah Perl Misc 1 07-14-2003 05:17 AM

Advertisments