Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Trace.WriteLine and Web Services

Trace.WriteLine and Web Services

redhotsly@hotmail.com

Hi, we use Trace.WriteLine to output tracing information in our web
services methods. With .Net Framework 1.1, we could view the tracing in
real-time using DebugView (DbgView.exe) without attaching a debugger.
After upgrading to .Net 2.0, it seems like the Trace.WriteLine output
is sent somewhere else because it no longer shows up in DebugView. If I
replace the Trace.WriteLine by Debug.WriteLine, then it works. How can
I fix the Trace.WriteLine?
Regards
-Sly

redhotsly@hotmail.com

> Ensure that you theh correct the trace-listeners initialized appropriately.

Which listener do I have to use? Also, how do I configure and
initialize it properly?
Thank you
-Sly