Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservice Security

Webservice Security

Joe

I'm using several webservices that are being called by VB.Net applications at
the users end.

My question is: How secure is the data being sent to and from the server?
If it's not secure how can I make it secure? I could hard code a password,
but it wouldn't take long for someone to find that...

Thanks for any help that you can give!
Joe

Peter Ritchie [C# MVP]

If you connect to the web service over an SSL connection the data you pass
back and forth will be encrypted.

When you mention a password, are you talking about authenticating users of
your web service or securing data transferred to/from the web service. Those
are two different things.

--
Browse http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ and vote.
http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog/