Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Obfuscating attribute from WSDL.

Obfuscating attribute from WSDL.

pradeep_TP

hello everybody,

I have simple web method in a web service that is returning a data of a user
defined type. When I refer to this web service from my client application, I
can see this user defined type appearing as a complex type data type inside
the WSDL file. The user defined type is an entity class with two properties
that is setting and returning a string value.

I want that one of the attributes inside this class to be hidden from the
clients using this webservice. I want to somehow obfuscate the first propery
in the entity class without actually modifying the entity class. Is there any
way that I can attribute a property so that it doesn’t get pumped out of the
SOAP in the
WSDL.?

Thanks!
pradeep_tp

John Saunders

"pradeep_TP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello everybody,
>
> I have simple web method in a web service that is returning a data of a
> user
> defined type. When I refer to this web service from my client
> application, I
> can see this user defined type appearing as a complex type data type
> inside
> the WSDL file. The user defined type is an entity class with two
> properties
> that is setting and returning a string value.
>
> I want that one of the attributes inside this class to be hidden from the
> clients using this webservice. I want to somehow obfuscate the first
> propery
> in the entity class without actually modifying the entity class. Is there
> any
> way that I can attribute a property so that it doesn't get pumped out of
> the
> SOAP in the
> WSDL.?

Take a look at the XmlIgnoreAttribute.

John

pradeep_TP

I have already found that out. Thanks for your help by the way

Obfuscating methods cmurthy Java 1 09-12-2007 06:31 AM
Obfuscating email addresses in mailto: links JL HTML 4 09-04-2007 02:06 AM
obfuscating C executable Anthony Rossi C Programming 2 04-01-2007 07:41 AM
newbie obfuscating issue Tina ASP .Net 1 08-09-2006 01:01 AM
Obfuscating web apps anon2005@comcast.net ASP .Net 4 02-15-2006 02:36 PM

Advertisments