Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Rohit

Hi Guys,

Trying to use Sharepoint Search Webservice. Keep getting the error
"Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction"

Getting nowhere with this error, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rohit

Stak Trace as follows:

[SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
SOAPAction:
http://microsoft.com/webservices/Sha...vice/QueryEx.]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall) +1545
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters) +205
wss_search.QueryService.QueryEx(String queryXml) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\mysearchweb\f63621f5\4f629ffa\App_WebReferen ces.xxse2yhj.2.cs:270
Search.ExecuteSearch(String keywords) in c:\Documents and
Settings\rohits\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\MySearchWeb\Search.aspx.cs:196
Search.btnSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents
and Settings\rohits\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\MySearchWeb\Search.aspx.cs:144
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String
eventArgument) +97

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData)
+33
+4919

Techno_Dex

Check your [Webservice(Namespace ="<value>")] at the top of your webservice
class. I went round and round the other day with someone about this all
because I changed the Namespace property. You might also check that your
reference to your webservice has been refreshed if you changed it.

"Rohit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi Guys,
>
> Trying to use Sharepoint Search Webservice. Keep getting the error
> "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction"
>
> Getting nowhere with this error, so any help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rohit
>
> Stak Trace as follows:
>
> [SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
> SOAPAction:
> http://microsoft.com/webservices/Sha...vice/QueryEx.]
>
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
> message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
> asyncCall) +1545
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
> methodName, Object[] parameters) +205
> wss_search.QueryService.QueryEx(String queryXml) in
> c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
> Files\mysearchweb\f63621f5\4f629ffa\App_WebReferen ces.xxse2yhj.2.cs:270
> Search.ExecuteSearch(String keywords) in c:\Documents and
> Settings\rohits\My Documents\Visual Studio
> 2005\Projects\MySearchWeb\Search.aspx.cs:196
> Search.btnSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents
> and Settings\rohits\My Documents\Visual Studio
> 2005\Projects\MySearchWeb\Search.aspx.cs:144
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String
> eventArgument) +97
>
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
> eventArgument) +7
> System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler
> sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
> System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData)
> +33
> +4919

Rohit

Thanks for your reply. Using a sharepoint service and donot have access
to the webservice class. Modified the .disco and .wsdl files to support
service virtualization. Could that be a cause for it? Posting my asmx,
disco and wsdl files if that could help.

Thnaks mate,

-Rohit

My search.asmx reads as follows:

<%@ WebService Language="c#"
Class="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.QueryS ervice,
Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

Changed the searchdisco.aspx to :

<%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %> <%@ Assembly
Name="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %> <%@ Import
Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities" %> <%@ Import
Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %>
<% Response.ContentType = "text/xml"; %>
<discovery xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/">
<contractRef ref=<% SPEncode.WriteHtmlEncodeWithQuote(Response,
SPWeb.OriginalBaseUrl(Request) + "?wsdl", '"'); %> docRef=<%
SPEncode.WriteHtmlEncodeWithQuote(Response,
SPWeb.OriginalBaseUrl(Request), '"'); %>
xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/scl/" />
<soap address=<% SPEncode.WriteHtmlEncodeWithQuote(Response,
SPWeb.OriginalBaseUrl(Request), '"'); %>
xmlns:q1="http://microsoft.com/webservices/SharePointPortalServer/WebQueryService"
binding="q1:QueryServiceSoap"
xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/soap/" />
</discovery>

And also changed the searchwsdl.aspx service definition to :

<service name="QueryService">
<documentation>SharePointPortalServer Query service</documentation>
<port name="QueryServiceSoap" binding="s1:QueryServiceSoap">
<soap:address location=<%
SPEncode.WriteHtmlEncodeWithQuote(Response,
SPWeb.OriginalBaseUrl(Request), '"'); %> />
</port>
</service>

Techno_Dex wrote:
> Check your [Webservice(Namespace ="<value>")] at the top of your webservice
> class. I went round and round the other day with someone about this all
> because I changed the Namespace property. You might also check that your
> reference to your webservice has been refreshed if you changed it.
>

> "Rohit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Trying to use Sharepoint Search Webservice. Keep getting the error
> > "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction"
> >
> > Getting nowhere with this error, so any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rohit
> >
> > Stak Trace as follows:
> >
> > [SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
> > SOAPAction:
> > http://microsoft.com/webservices/Sha...vice/QueryEx.]
> >
> > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
> > message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
> > asyncCall) +1545
> > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
> > methodName, Object[] parameters) +205
> > wss_search.QueryService.QueryEx(String queryXml) in
> > c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
> > Files\mysearchweb\f63621f5\4f629ffa\App_WebReferen ces.xxse2yhj.2.cs:270
> > Search.ExecuteSearch(String keywords) in c:\Documents and
> > Settings\rohits\My Documents\Visual Studio
> > 2005\Projects\MySearchWeb\Search.aspx.cs:196
> > Search.btnSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents
> > and Settings\rohits\My Documents\Visual Studio
> > 2005\Projects\MySearchWeb\Search.aspx.cs:144
> > System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
> > System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String
> > eventArgument) +97
> >
> > System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
> > eventArgument) +7
> > System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler
> > sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
> > System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData)
> > +33
> > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
> > includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
> > +4919

Techno_Dex

That would be the first place I would check. Check to see if you changed
anything in the files that wouldn't corrispond with the compiled webservice.