Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Dataset and WS-I BP 1.1

Dataset and WS-I BP 1.1

Rasheed

The requirement is to build interoperable web services which should conform
to WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 (This requirement came little late in the
development life cycle). Some of the existing web services utilize Dataset as
return type and input parameters.

The web services by default contain the Following attribute (VS 2005, WSE
3.0):

[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo =
WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1,EmitConformanceClaims= true)]

When we browse the web service it does not show any warnings about the usage
of Dataset. However, the following link says usage of Dataset would violate
BP rules.

We really do not know the web service with Dataset conforms to BP 1.1 or
not. Since VS 2005 does not show any warnings, are we conforming to BP 1.1?

Your inputs will be really helpful

Thanks,
Rasheed

Vijay Pandey

Datasets, xmldocuments or any weakly typed data type does not conform to BP 1.1

"Rasheed" wrote:

> The requirement is to build interoperable web services which should conform
> to WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 (This requirement came little late in the
> development life cycle). Some of the existing web services utilize Dataset as
> return type and input parameters.
>
> The web services by default contain the Following attribute (VS 2005, WSE
> 3.0):
>
> [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo =
> WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1,EmitConformanceClaims= true)]
>
> When we browse the web service it does not show any warnings about the usage
> of Dataset. However, the following link says usage of Dataset would violate
> BP rules.

> We really do not know the web service with Dataset conforms to BP 1.1 or
> not. Since VS 2005 does not show any warnings, are we conforming to BP 1.1?
>
> Your inputs will be really helpful
>
> Thanks,
> Rasheed

John Saunders

"Vijay Pandey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Datasets, xmldocuments or any weakly typed data type does not conform to
> BP 1.1

What about a strongly-typed dataset, or an XML document conforming to a
specified schema?

John

> "Rasheed" wrote:
>
>> The requirement is to build interoperable web services which should
>> conform
>> to WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 (This requirement came little late in the
>> development life cycle). Some of the existing web services utilize
>> Dataset as
>> return type and input parameters.
>>
>> The web services by default contain the Following attribute (VS 2005, WSE
>> 3.0):
>>
>> [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo =
>> WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1,EmitConformanceClaims= true)]
>>
>> When we browse the web service it does not show any warnings about the
>> usage
>> of Dataset. However, the following link says usage of Dataset would
>> violate
>> BP rules.
>>
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms230196.aspx
>>
>> We really do not know the web service with Dataset conforms to BP 1.1 or
>> not. Since VS 2005 does not show any warnings, are we conforming to BP
>> 1.1?
>>
>> Your inputs will be really helpful
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rasheed

Rasheed

Thanks Vijay. What is confusing is we do not get any warning when such data
types are used eventhough the WebServiceBinding is set as stated in my

Thanks for helping!
Rasheed

DataSet and dataSet JimO ASP .Net 2 03-08-2006 02:39 PM
Difference Between Typed Dataset and Untyped Dataset thomson ASP .Net 2 01-19-2005 08:16 AM
copying a datatable content from an untyped dataset into a table which is inside a typed dataset Nedu N ASP .Net 2 10-31-2003 01:05 PM
Ccopying a datatable content from an untyped dataset into a table which is inside a typed dataset Nedu N ASP .Net 1 10-31-2003 02:39 AM
DataSet to DataSet Joseph D. DeJohn ASP .Net 1 08-04-2003 03:25 AM

Advertisments