Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Receiving and sending data

Receiving and sending data

Mike

Hi,

We are in the process of evaluating a system that would allow us to receive data from third-parties and send data to partner companies. Our infrastructure includes Microsoft Navision, a SQL Server, and .NET 2.0. My idea would be to use web services with XML to fullfil the above requirements, but I have very little experience on web services. My main concerns are flexibility (future changes), performance in sending/retrieving data, and integration with Navision, since some data that we receive from external entities could be sent directly to Navision.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar scenario, or any suggestion that could help me identify the best solution and technologies to use?

Many thanks.
Mike