Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Network Webservice Access

Network Webservice Access

Baren

I have a problem with accessing a web service hosted on a network system. In
my clients place, the application server and the web server are 2 different.
Client has created a virtual directory on the web server and has given me the
network share access for the folder. After building my web service, I am
physically copying the files into that virtual directory folder. I am able to
check the web service using web browser, but when I am doing a web reference
to the service from my windows application, it’s giving me this error “Server
was unable to process request. ---> Login failed for user”. Even after
putting this code into the proxy class,

this.PreAuthenticate = true;

this.UseDefaultCredentials = true;

I am getting the same error. Do you know where I am doing wrong? Can you
guys help me out in this? One more thing is that, we don’t have IIS on our
local machine and also we don’t have access to the web server other than the
network share.