Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SharePoint Service could it be copied in ASP.NET

SharePoint Service could it be copied in ASP.NET

Shimon Sim

Hi
I started using SharePoint services and noticed that it works great with
Word - just open doc and edit.
could it be done with ASP.NET by regular people? May be someone can give a
hint in right direction.

Also is there any documentation on how to create clients for SharePoint
Services
Thanks you
Shimon.

Kevin Spencer

> could it be done with ASP.NET by regular people? May be someone can give a
> hint in right direction.

Can WHAT be done with ASP.Net by regular people? Build SharePoint? Sure.
Regular people built it at Microsoft, using ASP.Net.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Shimon Sim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I started using SharePoint services and noticed that it works great with
> Word - just open doc and edit.
> could it be done with ASP.NET by regular people? May be someone can give a
> hint in right direction.
>
> Also is there any documentation on how to create clients for SharePoint
> Services
> Thanks you
> Shimon.

Shimon Sim

All right.
I mean me. Is there some documentation on what has to be done that Word 2003
be able to open document on remote server and then save it.Keeping versions,
makeup and all the other stuff that comes in word documents.
Can you provide some insides on how did Regular people from Microsoft did
it? So I regular person that Microsoft won't hire can do it too.
Thanks,
Shimon.

news:%23yHzN%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > could it be done with ASP.NET by regular people? May be someone can give

> > hint in right direction.

> Can WHAT be done with ASP.Net by regular people? Build SharePoint? Sure.
> Regular people built it at Microsoft, using ASP.Net.
>
> --
> HTH,
> Kevin Spencer
> .Net Developer
> Microsoft MVP
> Big things are made up
> of lots of little things.
>
> "Shimon Sim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I started using SharePoint services and noticed that it works great with
> > Word - just open doc and edit.
> > could it be done with ASP.NET by regular people? May be someone can give

> > hint in right direction.
> >
> > Also is there any documentation on how to create clients for SharePoint
> > Services
> > Thanks you
> > Shimon.

Kevin Spencer

> Can you provide some insides on how did Regular people from Microsoft did
> it? So I regular person that Microsoft won't hire can do it too.

I wish I could, Shimon. However, it took Microsoft several years and no
doubt several dozen programmers to solve the problems with SharePoint (and
they are still struggling over a few). It's a very difficult problem to
solve.