Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Consume 2.0 webservice with VS2003

Consume 2.0 webservice with VS2003

Roel

Hi all,

I'm running a ASP.NET 2.0 webservice and when I consume it with an ASP.NET
2.0 webapp everything works fine.

When I try to access it with an ASP.NET 1.1 webapp I get the folowing error:

<exception>
The XML element named '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is
already present in the current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another
XML name or namespace for the element.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The XML element named
'' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is already present in the
current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another XML name or namespace
for the element.

</exception>

This error does not occur when I access the ASP.NET 2.0 webservice running
on the test-server so it seems like it's a configuration-difference on the
production-server.

Anyone got a clue?

Greetings,
Roel

namewitheldbyrequest@gmail.com

Have you solved this? I have the same problem and I can't figure it
out.

Bill

Roel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a ASP.NET 2.0 webservice and when I consume it with an ASP.NET
> 2.0 webapp everything works fine.
>
> When I try to access it with an ASP.NET 1.1 webapp I get the folowing error:
>
> <exception>
> The XML element named '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is
> already present in the current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another
> XML name or namespace for the element.

> Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The XML element named
> '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is already present in the
> current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another XML name or namespace
> for the element.
>
> </exception>
>
> This error does not occur when I access the ASP.NET 2.0 webservice running
> on the test-server so it seems like it's a configuration-difference on the
> production-server.
>
> Anyone got a clue?
>
> Greetings,
> Roel

Roel

The problem was the DataTable which was returned by the webservice. When I
altered this to a DataSet object, it works in VS2003 and VS2005.

Kind regards,
Roel

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Have you solved this? I have the same problem and I can't figure it
> out.
>
> Bill
>
> Roel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running a ASP.NET 2.0 webservice and when I consume it with an
>> ASP.NET
>> 2.0 webapp everything works fine.
>>
>> When I try to access it with an ASP.NET 1.1 webapp I get the folowing
>> error:
>>
>> <exception>
>> The XML element named '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/'
>> is
>> already present in the current scope. Use XML attributes to specify
>> another
>> XML name or namespace for the element.

>> current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
>> about the error and where it originated in the code.
>>
>> Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The XML element
>> named
>> '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is already present in
>> the
>> current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another XML name or
>> namespace
>> for the element.
>>
>> </exception>
>>
>> This error does not occur when I access the ASP.NET 2.0 webservice
>> running
>> on the test-server so it seems like it's a configuration-difference on
>> the
>> production-server.
>>
>> Anyone got a clue?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Roel

consume local web service -ok consume remote service - Not OK dgleeson422111 ASP .Net Web Services 2 01-31-2010 08:02 PM
how to consume .NET webservice bav Python 8 05-14-2009 02:51 PM
Consume .net webservice Peter K Java 3 07-01-2007 06:13 AM
Consume Webservice in java weetat Java 3 04-04-2007 07:04 AM
Consume php webservice in asp.net Paul Hermans ASP .Net 1 06-10-2004 05:40 PM

Advertisments