Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Running ASP.NET solutions from different physical locations

Running ASP.NET solutions from different physical locations

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

I need to open asp.net solution files whose source location files have moved. I am creating new virtual directories on the fly (using vbscript) as part of a automated build process that are configured to point to my new source directory. The build is following because I get the following error

<b>Unable to open Web project 'Abc'. The file path 'c:\dev\...' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/Abc'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not Found.</b

I am getting around this in the build process by clearing the Visual Studio user's cache prior to the build. This has a *.vbproj.cache file that appears to have a reference to the previous physical directory used by the virtual directory. Is this the correct approach?