Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Data returned by WEB Service contains special characters

Data returned by WEB Service contains special characters

Vijay Pandey

Hello

I have a webservice designed in ASP.Net 2.0 and wse 3.0. One method of
service returns dataset sometimes. The data in dataset columns can be special
characters.

Now in case dataset contains special characters, I get error when I call
webservice method. Some research showed that Xmlwritter, used by webservice
does not check for special characters when data is being serialized to be
sent to service client.

1. what is the best way to over come this issue at the web service.
2. Is there a way service can xml encode the data before sending it to client.

Thanks