Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > C:\Windows\Temp CS2001

C:\Windows\Temp CS2001

I.Katzav

hello all

I have a web service in .net 2.0 that I consume using windows application, I
get all sort of exception as access denied to Microsoft.net temporary asp
folder, and the Windows temp folder, now I use a very simple service with
windows authentication mode, and nothing else important, not even a database.

The service contains adll but I do not think this is the issue.

Now I saw a lot of post and discovered that microsoft do not allow the
Network Service account to have write permission to those folders, now when I
give the account the permission it works but the next days the permissions
are being deleted automatically, and I need to do it all over again.

I need a valid and permananet solution, Please if you may:
1. If the solution is impersonation can you give me a link to an example.
2. Try to keep in mind that this service is deployed to multiple clients
and maybe the solution you offer will not be accepted by the client network
administrator.

Last thing, If I write a. aspx file to consume the service it works fine.

Here are the exception details

Application_ThreadException Error Message: Server was unable to process
request. ---> Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wctb8vqw.0.cs' could not be found
error CS2008: No inputs specified

Stack Trace:
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at PowerJobsDll.PowerJobsPortalServices.IndexerServic e.Search(String[][]
termsArr, String indexFolder)
at
PowerJobsDll.Windows_Components.Controls.Word_Inde x.Controls.Word_Search_Properties_UC.btnSearchUsin gTheTerms_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(Event Args e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)