Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Add comments to proxies generated by the .NET 2.0 wsdl.exe

Add comments to proxies generated by the .NET 2.0 wsdl.exe

TR

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if wsdl.exe allows you to take documentation out of
the wsdl and put it in the generated proxy classes as code comments?
For example:

The wsdl for my web service contains the following element:

<xs:element name="GetCustomers">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>
Gets a list of customers
<xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>

When I generate the proxies for this wsdl, they do not contain the text
"Gets a list of customers". What I would like to see is this text
added to a C# comment before the GetCustomers() method. I suspect
this is a limitation of the wsdl.exe.

Thanks,
-TR

Simon Hart

I don't think this is possible via WSDL.exe. You have to edit the proxy
source afterwards.

Simon.

"TR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone know if wsdl.exe allows you to take documentation out of
> the wsdl and put it in the generated proxy classes as code comments?
> For example:
>
> The wsdl for my web service contains the following element:
>
> <xs:element name="GetCustomers">
> <xs:annotation>
> <xs:documentation>
> Gets a list of customers
> <xs:documentation>
> </xs:annotation>
> </xs:element>
>
> When I generate the proxies for this wsdl, they do not contain the text
> "Gets a list of customers". What I would like to see is this text
> added to a C# comment before the GetCustomers() method. I suspect
> this is a limitation of the wsdl.exe.
>
> Thanks,
> -TR

TR