Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Error Soap exception : Server was unable to process request.

Error Soap exception : Server was unable to process request.

Henrik Laursen

Hi
We are haveing a problem with a webservice. Sometimes it generate a SOAP
exception.
We found a lot of information about giving users access to the temp folder,
(using google) - but that did not solve the problem.

I hope that one of you guys could help me/us.
In the bottom of this post, i have attached the exception information.

Greetings
Henrik

Exception information:

Exception type: SoapException

Exception message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not
find file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'.

File name: 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share)

at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch (CompilerParameters
options, String[] fileNames)

at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBat ch(CompilerParameters
options, String[] sources)

at
Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDo m.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSource Batch(CompilerParameters
options, String[] sources)

at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAss emblyFromSource(CompilerParameters
options, String[] sources)

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns,
CompilerParameters parameters, Evidence evidence)

at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAsse mbly(XmlMapping[]
xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
CompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)

at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMap ping[] xmlMappings,
Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMapping s(XmlMapping[]
mappings, Evidence evidence)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor (Type type,
WebServiceProtocols protocolsSupported)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.I nitialize()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactor y.Create(Type type,
HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
abortProcessing)

Henrik Laursen
IT-Developer

recoil@community.nospam

Have you tried running ntfilemon on the application to see whether the
exception is because of a security permission (and if so it will log it as
Access denied and if you scroll allthe way to the right it will tell you what
user it was trying to atuhenticate as. Or if the file was not actuallyfound
then it will specify.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

"Henrik Laursen" wrote:

> Hi
> We are haveing a problem with a webservice. Sometimes it generate a SOAP
> exception.
> We found a lot of information about giving users access to the temp folder,
> (using google) - but that did not solve the problem.
>
> I hope that one of you guys could help me/us.
> In the bottom of this post, i have attached the exception information.
>
> Greetings
> Henrik
>

> Exception information:
>
> Exception type: SoapException
>
> Exception message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
> unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not
> find file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'.
>
> File name: 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'
>
> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
>
> at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
> Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
> FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
> bFromProxy)
>
> at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
> FileShare share)
>
> at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch (CompilerParameters
> options, String[] fileNames)
>
> at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBat ch(CompilerParameters
> options, String[] sources)
>
> at
> Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDo m.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSource Batch(CompilerParameters
> options, String[] sources)
>
> at
> System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAss emblyFromSource(CompilerParameters
> options, String[] sources)
>
> at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns,
> CompilerParameters parameters, Evidence evidence)
>
> at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAsse mbly(XmlMapping[]
> xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
> CompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
>
> at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMap ping[] xmlMappings,
> Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
>
> at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMapping s(XmlMapping[]
> mappings, Evidence evidence)
>
> at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor (Type type,
> WebServiceProtocols protocolsSupported)
>
> at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.I nitialize()
>
> at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactor y.Create(Type type,
> HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
> abortProcessing)
>
> --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
>
> --
> Henrik Laursen
> IT-Developer

Henrik Laursen

We have already tried that - and it just gives us a "file not found"

--
Henrik Laursen
IT-Developer