Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Error Client Calling Web Service

Error Client Calling Web Service

deeelpea@gmail.com

My Web Service is built in VS 2005 (.NET 2.0), and it runs on my
workstation. It also implements WSE 3.0, but I am not running it as
self-hosted I am hosting it through IIS.

On the same switch, I have a lap top that runs a client application
built in VS 2003 (.NET 1.1) that calls my Web Service. The client is
able to connect and make calls to my Web Service with no problems.

However, I have a different workstation on the same switch that has a
VS 2005 (.NET 2.0) client application whose connection to my web
service is unreliable. When this client is able to connect and call
the Web Service the responses are unbelievably slow.
(Slow as in 9 minutes to make 1000 calls versus 5 seconds to make 100
calls by the lap top application mentioned earlier)
Sometimes, the client makes a Web Service call and gets the following
exception:

The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required
(The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access
to the Web Proxy service is denied. ).

How is this possible if two minutes prior the client was able to talk
to the Server? Also, why would the connection responses be so slow for
the .NET 2.0 client and quick for the .NET 1.1 client?

In IIS I have "Allow Anonymous Access" selected and none of the
Authentication options are set. In the web.config file of the Web
Service, there is the following as well: "<authentication
mode="None"/>".

Any answer to these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

DLP