Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Can't see pictures + Http Status 403 : Access Forbidden (error)

Can't see pictures + Http Status 403 : Access Forbidden (error)

Amit

When I run my project I can't see some of the pictures. Sometimes I see them
all, sometimes I have to right-click each picture and then "Show picture" in
order to see it. Moreover, When this problem began another problem occred-
sometimes when I use webservices it says: "Httpp Status 403: Access
Forbidden".

Are these two problems have someting in common? Does anyone knows how to
solve it? Thanks.

Amit

And here is the error code:

Server Error in '/200338267/eFitnessProject' Application

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP
status 403: Access Forbidden.

Source Error:

Line 131:
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAt tribute("http://tempuri.org/DidUserPaid",
RequestNamespace="http://tempuri.org/",
ResponseNamespace="http://tempuri.org/",
Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse .Literal,
ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapP arameterStyle.Wrapped)]
Line 132: public bool DidUserPaid(string userID) {
*Line 133:* object[] results = this.Invoke("DidUserPaid", new
object[] {
Line 134: userID});
Line 135: return ((bool)(results[0]));

Amit

"Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN)" wrote:

> "Amit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I run my project I can't see some of the pictures. Sometimes I see
> > them
> > all, sometimes I have to right-click each picture and then "Show picture"
> > in
> > order to see it. Moreover, When this problem began another problem occred-
> > sometimes when I use webservices it says: "Httpp Status 403: Access
> > Forbidden".
> >
> > Are these two problems have someting in common? Does anyone knows how to
> > solve it? Thanks.

> Check "authorization" element in web.config and ensure that you are
> providing authentication information.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Gaurav Vaish
> http://www.mastergaurav.org
> http://www.edujini.in
> -------------------

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".test" loginUrl="App_code/PleaseLogIn.aspx"/>
</authentication>

and maybe also:

<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

Is there something wrong here?

Amit

"Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN)" wrote:

> > <authentication mode="Forms">
> > <forms name=".test" loginUrl="App_code/PleaseLogIn.aspx"/>
> > </authentication>
> >
> > and maybe also:
> >
> > <authorization>
> > <deny users="?" />
> > </authorization>
> >
> > Is there something wrong here?

> Add the following:
>
> <location path='YourService.asmx'>
> <system.web>
> <authorization>
> <allow users="*" />
> </authorization>
> </system.web>
> </location>
>
> or better, put all services in "~/Services" folder and say:
>
> <location path='Services/'>
> </location>
>
> In the present scenario, the user is not authorized. Authentication cookies
> (.ASPXAUTH) are not being sent to the server.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Gaurav
> http://www.edujini.in
> -------------------

My WebService is in another project. What am I supposed to type after the
"path" attribute?

is it: ../../myWebServices/webservice.asmx

or simply:

webservice.asmx
?

Amit

"Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN)" wrote:

> > My WebService is in another project. What am I supposed to type after the
> > "path" attribute?

> Amit,
>
> Did you try to look into the documentation of the ASP.Net Configuration
> schema?
> Anyway...
> path is path of the file/folder relative to the application root (the
> folder where web.config is kept).
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Gaurav Vaish
> http://www.mastergaurav.org
> http://www.edujini.in
> -------------------
>

> > is it: ../../myWebServices/webservice.asmx
> >
> > or simply:
> >
> > webservice.asmx
> > ?

I typed:

<location path="../myWebServices/app_code/PaymentDepartment.asmx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

And When I tried to run it says:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Server side-errors occured on sending debug HTTP request.

Amit

I tried every path possible and nothing changed. The WS is in another project
where there are no access limits.

What do I need to type in the path attribute? I tried path="C:/Intepub..." ,
didn't work. I tried some of the path, some of the folders, nothing helps.