Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Can a web service be clustered?

Can a web service be clustered?

Thirsty Traveler

For the sake of reliability and scalability, I am wondering if it is
possible to put a web service into a web service farm?

Swanand Mokashi

There is no reason why not
We have a clustered 2 web servers and the servers have both websites and
webservices.

--
Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
technology ...

http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

"Thirsty Traveler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For the sake of reliability and scalability, I am wondering if it is
> possible to put a web service into a web service farm?

Consultant

yes, personally, i have done this for a few large applications, with the
presentation and application layers being isolated by a firewall

news:(E-Mail Removed)...