Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. (Could not find the anwere in the groups)

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. (Could not find the anwere in the groups)

Christina

Hello All,
Sorry for posting this question. I tried a lot to look for an answer to
all the links with the same topic, but couldnt find one.

I am using ASP.NET (VB.NET) .
I have created a client in my local to access methods of a web service
residing in another server. And it gives me the error message:

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
server.

I read about proxy settings, but has no clue how to do that...
Any links would also be appreciated.

TIA,
Chris

Christina

Is there anyone who can help me with this.??
I am getting frustrated with this problem.

I added few lines of code in web.config:
<system.net>
<defaultProxy>
<proxy
usesystemdefault = "false"
bypassonlocal="false"
proxyaddress="http://addressort"/>
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

The error changed to:
"The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. "

Please help!! Is it the security ?

Thanks
Cris

Christina

I am trying to do an HTTP post to a remote server.. I guess its the
firewall and proxy issue.
Thanks!!

Consultant

did you check this article?