Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > LDAP state

LDAP state

gregory_regan@hotmail.com

Hi

I am very new to dotnet asp programming and am feeling my way around
various ldap queries and appear to have reached a brick wall - perhaps
someone would be kind enough to help.

In a nutshell I need to verify that my logged on users have a
connection to Active Directory and the connection state.

I am using the System.DirectoryServices namespace to achieve my
connection and everything I have tried works really well provided that
I have a connection, however, there are instances where my user base
will not be able to connect to AD and as such I need to error trap the
connection state.

I know that it is possible to do this, for instance, with a SQL
database

Dim connection As New
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("dbConnectionS tring")
connection .Open()
Dim ConnectionState = connection .State()

Anyone know how to do the equivalent with System.DirectoryServices

Thanks in advance

Greg