Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Unusual error message from WebService installer.

Unusual error message from WebService installer.

Peter Chapman

I've got a 2.0 web service that uses a Web Deployment Project (which
specifies how the web project will be compiled and other details) and then a
Web Setup Project which will take as an input the Primary Output of the Web
Deployment Project.

On a few computers (5%), the installer doesn't work, and the error message
is:

'More than one Active servers with the requested port were found. Port=.'

I've tried googling for an answer, but there's nothing. Any ideas how to
chase this one down?

tia

John Fullmer

Looks like it's a problem in IIS.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...deployment.asp

- John Fullmer

Error connection using webservice locally (3 webservice in balanci Roberto Giorgetti ASP .Net Web Services 0 06-13-2006 06:40 PM
Unusual Error Message Mike Java 1 06-03-2006 03:24 PM
Unusual wreless fluc, high packet error numbers =?Utf-8?B?SiBTcGVjdG9y?= Wireless Networking 0 02-23-2006 07:10 AM
Unusual email bounce message Trent SC Computer Support 3 12-20-2004 05:15 PM
Webservice calling a webservice.....Error Peter Nordström ASP .Net Web Services 0 10-21-2003 12:02 PM

Advertisments