Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Customised web controls in a data list/repeator

Customised web controls in a data list/repeator

Steve Lloyd

Hi there,

I have a set of products each of which has attributes (color size etc), is
it possible to use a data list or repeator to display all the items and
provide combo box with a unique set of attributes in each list/repeator item
as a sort of sub query.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Raterus

Sure, do it in the itemdatabound event. First place an empty radiobutton list where you want it to appear.

then in ItemDataBound, you'll need to do something like this (This example is for a datagrid, but a datalist/repeater shouldn't be much different)

If e.Item.ItemType <> ListItemType.Header AND _
e.Item.ItemType <> ListItemType.Footer then
Dim rbl as RadioButtonList = e.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0) 'the hard part is figuring out exactly where the radiobuttonlist is in the mess

rbl.datasource = "whatever"
rbl.databind
End If

"Steve Lloyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%23IVzk%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I have a set of products each of which has attributes (color size etc), is
> it possible to use a data list or repeator to display all the items and
> provide combo box with a unique set of attributes in each list/repeator item
> as a sort of sub query.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Steve

Steve Lloyd

Shall give that a go, thanks

"Raterus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Sure, do it in the itemdatabound event. First place an empty radiobutton
list where you want it to appear.

then in ItemDataBound, you'll need to do something like this (This example
is for a datagrid, but a datalist/repeater shouldn't be much different)

If e.Item.ItemType <> ListItemType.Header AND _
e.Item.ItemType <> ListItemType.Footer then
Dim rbl as RadioButtonList = e.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0) 'the hard
part is figuring out exactly where the radiobuttonlist is in the mess

rbl.datasource = "whatever"
rbl.databind
End If

"Steve Lloyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23IVzk%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I have a set of products each of which has attributes (color size etc), is
> it possible to use a data list or repeator to display all the items and
> provide combo box with a unique set of attributes in each list/repeator

item
> as a sort of sub query.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Steve

Gridview Customised Delete action Rabbit ASP .Net 3 03-22-2006 02:25 AM
Serialisation problem on customised object ickz Java 1 05-13-2005 08:32 AM
customised login form? riusbond C++ 3 02-28-2005 05:04 PM
How to put customised mouse pointer images on your web page Jules Mitland Javascript 7 10-22-2004 04:31 PM
Customised boot screen John Els Computer Support 4 09-30-2003 01:07 PM

Advertisments