Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to disable/modify the default test pages for asmx web services?

How to disable/modify the default test pages for asmx web services?

Maxwell2006

Hi,

When I run a web service project, ASP.NET shows me a default web method
invoke page.

How can I disable/modify the default test (or method invoke) page of the
ASP.NET web services?

Thank you,

Max

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Max,

Welcome to the MSDN newsgroup.

As for the ASP.NET webservice's default test/invoke page, it is used for us
to call the webservice through http get/post method which is very simple.
If you do not want to expose these interfaces, you can use the following
configuration element to disable them(assume that you're using asp.net 2.0):

=========================
<webServices>
<protocols >
<remove name="HttpGet"/>
<remove name="HttpPost"/>
<remove name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>

</protocols>
=====================

Also, we can also replace the default webservice description helper page
with ourown page through the below element:

#<wsdlHelpGenerator> Element
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...7k(VS.80).aspx

In addition ,here is a msdn article describe the common configuration
options for ASP.NET webservice:

#Configuration Options for XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpguide/htm
l/cpconConfigurationOptionsForASPNETWebServices.asp

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Maxwell2006

This is precisely what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Max,
>
> Welcome to the MSDN newsgroup.
>
> As for the ASP.NET webservice's default test/invoke page, it is used for
> us
> to call the webservice through http get/post method which is very simple.
> If you do not want to expose these interfaces, you can use the following
> configuration element to disable them(assume that you're using asp.net
> 2.0):
>
> =========================
> <webServices>
> <protocols >
> <remove name="HttpGet"/>
> <remove name="HttpPost"/>
> <remove name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>
>
> </protocols>
> =====================
>
> Also, we can also replace the default webservice description helper page
> with ourown page through the below element:
>
> #<wsdlHelpGenerator> Element
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...7k(VS.80).aspx
>
> In addition ,here is a msdn article describe the common configuration
> options for ASP.NET webservice:
>
> #Configuration Options for XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpguide/htm
> l/cpconConfigurationOptionsForASPNETWebServices.asp
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> Regards,
>
> Steven Cheng
> Microsoft Online Community Support