Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How To Execute two Different Sets of "requiredfieldvalidator"

How To Execute two Different Sets of "requiredfieldvalidator"

RSB

Hi all,
i have this form with the NewText Fields and then the Editable datagrid for
all the existing Records. So i have to Buttons "Add New" and "Save Changes"
and there is a Set of Validations for "Add New" say Validation1 and
Validation2.
and there is a Set of Validations for "Save Changes" say Validation3 and
Validation4.

Now what happens is when i click on the "Save Changes" for the GridEdit. it
still check the Validation1 and Validation2 .. which is not i want..

So how do i ignore those checks. Or how do i make sure that only those
checks are getting execute which i want.

Thanks

RSB

Raterus

Two ways, neither of which I think you'll like

a- Wait for asp.net 2.0 and Validation Groups
b- Put all validators for a certain group within a panel, and make this panel visible/invisible. Essentially only showing one grouping of buttons/inputs at a time. Of course if you have an "add new" and "save changes" really only one of these should be displayed at a time anyway.

Hope this helps,
--Michael

"RSB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:fPNqc.1865$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> i have this form with the NewText Fields and then the Editable datagrid for
> all the existing Records. So i have to Buttons "Add New" and "Save Changes"
> and there is a Set of Validations for "Add New" say Validation1 and
> Validation2.
> and there is a Set of Validations for "Save Changes" say Validation3 and
> Validation4.
>

> Now what happens is when i click on the "Save Changes" for the GridEdit. it
> still check the Validation1 and Validation2 .. which is not i want..
>

> So how do i ignore those checks. Or how do i make sure that only those
> checks are getting execute which i want.
>

> Thanks
>
> RSB

Peter Blum

There is a third way. The "Validation Groups" concept is the right idea. It
happens to be available today in third party products. I wrote
"Professional Validation And More" (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx)
to overcome the numerous limitations of the Microsoft validators (for a list
of those limitations, see http://www.peterblum.com/vam/valmain.aspx.) It
includes validation groups. It's easy to convert your page to my validators
because I include a Windows app to handle the conversion.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...