Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

kuladeep.mohan@gmail.com

Hi
I am trying to consume a web service from asp.net web page through
HTTP POST method and I am getting the following error message

"System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500)
Internal Server Error."

I have been searchign the web and followed all the options which worked

for others

1. Changed the web.config of the web service to accomodate HttpPost
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>

2. Used the HttpRequest.Credentials =
CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

I am not sure what is wrong there it fails while the request is sent to

the web service. The web service works fine with other web clients

Let me know your ideas

thanks
Mohan