Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Problem returning Custom Collection from Web Service.

Problem returning Custom Collection from Web Service.

dazmathome@hotmail.com

I have a web service which returns a custom collection of custom object
types which works great when called from an ASPX page. The problem is I
am trying to call the same web service from an assembly and I am
getting the following error.

Unable to cast object of type '[WebServiceName].SkinSession[]' to type
'[WebServiceName].SkinSession[]'.

I realize the .NET 2.0 serialization is converting the collection to an
array, but for some reason, in the assembly, it does not appear to be
deserializing the XMLNode[] that comes back from the web service.

Again, It works great in the ASPX page, but not in an Assembly. I have
been all over the web and tried many different suggestions without any
success.

Anybody have any ideas?