Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Describing a webservice

Describing a webservice

tascien

Hi Guys,

I want to be able to look at a soap webservice WSDL, Microsoft or
Non-Microsoft, and describe the following to my users:

1. what operation the webservice support.
2. what parameters do those operations take
3. what return values for those operations...
4. what xml and headers should i post to those operations.
5. what xml should i expect from those operations...

In other words, I want to be able to interact with a webservice without
using pre-built clients. I want to be able to post raw data myself.

What xml elements should i be looking at in WSDL and is there any
location where I can find documentation on this?

Tascien

Josh Twist

Hi Tascien,

Sounds interesting, maybe these will help:

w3c specification of WSDL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl

MSDN article on WSDL (.NET based but explains a lot on WSDL also)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservice...insidewsdl.asp

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

tascien

Wonderful.

Thank you very much. It's always important to know what's under the
hood, instead of relying on Microsoft Technologies to do everything for
you...

T.

Josh Twist

I agree. I hope you're going to publish your findings and send me a
copy

Josh

Simon Hart

You might like to try Web Service Studio tool for these objectives:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/U...4-e916ebc4159c

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...