Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How can I remove XML tags from ASP.NET web service return values?

How can I remove XML tags from ASP.NET web service return values?

DonaldN

This question has been asked and NOT asnwered. Putting aside all
comments on the reasons to do not or not do this and any related
issues. Would someone please anwser the question: Is the a way to make
my .net 1.1 web service return plain text without the XML element tags?
If so, how? Thanks in advance.

Josh Twist

Hi Donald,

Sorry, but I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Do you want
to remove the SOAP envelope and all xml from the HTTP response of the
web service?

The best way to do this would be to not use a web service at all
(because it _really_ isn't web services) and use a HttpHandler - you'll
find plenty of resources on google.

If you absolutely HAVE to use Web Services I guess you could wrap your
web service with a SoapExtension that strips all the XML from the
response, but it's kind of a non-sensical thing to do - again you'll
find plenty of resources if you search for SoapExtension.

Hope that helps

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/